So we just got back from a long weekend in San Francisco where we sold our geeky goods at the American Chemical Society's conference at the Moscone Center! It was quite the eventful trip and we had a lot of fun. We even met some of our ETSY customers who came over to our booth to check it out and to say "hi", which was awesome! It's such a surreal experience to meet people I've spoken to through "convo's." I get probably way too giddy when they say what personalized items they requested because I usually remember making them! It's a really nice way to feel connected in a world that can feel so disconnected what with the wonderful world of the interwebs.
Here's a sneak peek at some new items coming soon to our shop!
Our booth at the show! It was small but we made it work! We also debuted our new name-signs that we were able to personalize for customers right there at the show so that was VERY exciting! Working with people on how to spell out their names was really fun because most people think they can't because the available elements do seem so limiting... But then we show them our method and they're like kids in a candy store! Oh the possibilities!
Check out our new pillow which will be in the shop VERY soon! Us Gibberish Girls LOVE the bacon so we thought these 10 reasons would help justify it being part of our regular diet!
10. Nestling super-healthy vegetables in flavorful bacon makes them even more appealing!
9. A company in the UK is actually transforming bacon fat and grease into a powerful, low emission, environmentally friendly, all-natural, bio-diesel fuel that can be used to effectively and inexpensively run anything from motor vehicles to turbines.
8. If it is NOT charred or burnt (Jenavieve's favorite way to eat it!) OR you cook it in the oven you can avoid the concern over nitrates/nitrites. Also, if you partake in some milk or OJ with your bacon, the vitamins A, D and E work to effectively prevent conversion of nitrates and nitrites into dangerously toxic “nitrosamines” in the stomach, rendering them harmless to the body.
7. It’s considered a mood elevator because it makes you insanely happy when you eat it.
6. It is filled with essential vitamins and minerals: Vitamin B1, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B12, Zinc, B6, Vitamin B2, Phosphorus, Pantothenate, Magnesium, and Iron...making it practically a health food!
5. Full of choline which helps with memory and intelligence.
4. Moderate amounts lower blood sugar and blood pressure.
3. It has less total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol than many popular cuts of beef and chicken.
2. Even though bacon has gotten a bad rep over the years, bacon contains Omega-3 fatty acids. Unlike the Omega-3 Fatty Acids supplements derived from fish sources, the ones that come from bacon aren’t chock full of poisonous mercury, like most of the popular fish oil versions are. So bacon Omega-3′s can not only help prevent heart disease, as well as lower your cholesterol, reduce inflammation and improve circulation, but also help you to avoid mercury and other toxic poisons being regularly spewed into our planet’s oceans.
1. Lots of protein, little carbs.
(This info was gathered from http://bacontoday.com/).
Julie and Jenavieve
A geeky mother and daughter working to bring science and art together. To get to know us better, check out our about page!